Tuesday 17 August 2021

UNCLAIMED LETTERS Trove Tuesday 17th Aug 2021

 


Unclaimed letters can be intriguing. You can't help but scour the lists in the hope that you will see a familiar name.

Before we explore them further, let me answer the same questions I am always asked when I post these lists..

" NO, they aren't available for researchers, or anyone else to read." 

"Yes, they most likely have been destroyed." 

"Sorry, I have no way of knowing if any of these people mentioned have been found."

Of course, that won't stop us wondering.. what if? I have included a couple of possibilities, though I have no idea as to whether these are actually a match for the names selected. Nice to dream...

The 20 pages included here are just a fraction of the 206 pages that were in this Gazette..I will leave you to explore further. Link below. Enjoy!

You can click on the page images to enlarge..

New South Wales Government Gazette (Sydney, NSW : 1832 - 1900), Thursday 20 September 1888 (No.600)   National Library of Australia    http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article219882228

No.600 (SUPPLEMENT) [pages 6621-6653]



Could this be the George Alder mentioned above?

NSW BDM

Could this be the Thomas BACKHOUSE mentioned above?

NSW BDM


Sydney Morning Herald Jan 1938


















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. All will be moderated before publication.