Tuesday 21 September 2021

UNCLAIMED LETTERS Trove Tuesday 21st Sept. 2021 Part 2.

 


Unclaimed letters can be intriguing. You can't help but scour the lists in the hope that you will see a familiar name.

Before we explore them further, let me answer the same questions I am always asked when I post these lists..

" NO, they aren't available for researchers, or anyone else to read." 

"Yes, they most likely have been destroyed." 

"Sorry, I have no way of knowing if any of these people mentioned have been found."

Of course, that won't stop us wondering.. what if? 

Note the red star.. I had hoped that seeing that entry would make it a 'red letter day' for me..no such luck, still haven't found where John Goopy Snr ended up. The blue star was just a reminder for me..

PART 2. 

New South Wales Government Gazette (Sydney, NSW : 1832 - 1900), Friday 20 August 1858 (No.123)   National Library of Australia http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article229600720












No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. All will be moderated before publication.